12 months - 5 years
Minimum 12 months, maximum 5 years.
Delivery Method100% online via OnlineCampus (an interactive online learning environment) with intensive class discussion and collaboration.
The number of places per term is strictly limited to 90.
The University of Cumbria is ranked number 8th in the World for Quality Education by the Times Higher Education in 2020.
In a study commissioned by Hitachi Capital Invoice Finance (2020) on over 9,500,000 previous university students in the UK, the University of Cumbria is ranked in the top three higher-education institutions in the North of the UK for students who go on to start or manage a business.
Four terms per year (winter, spring, summer and autumn).
10,950 CHF (Swiss Francs)
This fee includes library access, OnlineCampus access, graduation fees, and University matriculation fees.
Fees are payable in interest free instalments (See a sample payment plan)
The residency - one week intensive research methods class to prepare for your final dissertation - has an additional cost of 1950 Swiss Francs (100% Online) or 2950 Swiss Francs if you decide to attend it at the University Campus (travel and accommodation excluded). The residency fee is only billed once you register for it.
Accreditation and Recognition
The University of Cumbria MBA programmes offered online in exclusive partnership with the Robert Kennedy College are Recognised Worldwide. Once you complete your studies at Robert Kennedy College, you will receive a degree from the University of Cumbria. The University of Cumbria received the University title, and degree awarding powers, from Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council. It is fully recognised by the British Government and duly listed on the United Kingdom’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills list of recognised UK awarding institutions.
The MBA has been shaped to form what the programme team believes to be a unique curriculum. It allows students to:
- Gain a UK Higher Education Institution accredited MBA.
- Study in their own time (in whatever time-zone in which they live).
- Study at their own pace (within the current period of University of Cumbria regulations for part-time study).
- Attend a residential event in the heart of the English Lake District, with opportunities for further travel in the UK if desired.
- Continue to live in their own country/location without disrupting family life.
- Continue to pursue their existing career without a break.
The MBA in Leadership and Sustainability programme aims to develop an understanding and critical appreciation of the theories, tools and techniques of leadership and management that will enable graduates to more effectively participate in leading organisational change. In doing so, the programme seeks to improve the quality of management as a profession. In particular, the overarching purpose is, in the context of the specific award, to provide students with:
- An advanced understanding of the management of organisations and the changing external context in which they operate;
- Opportunities for the systematic development of the skills of objective analysis, evaluation, and presentation to enable students to develop confidence in effectively appraising and implementing management strategies;
- An ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, and to have a critical understanding of how business and management practice may be improved;
- A stimulating academic environment which is based upon the values of academic openness and critical appraisal.
The programme consists of the standard 180 Level-7 credits that constitute an NQF (UK National Qualifications Framework) Masters award, the content being informed by QAA (UK Quality Assurance Agency) benchmark statements for Business and Management programmes. 60 credits of the programme are provided by a dissertation.