12 months - 5 years
Minimum 12 months, maximum 5 years.
Delivery Method100% online via OnlineCampus (an interactive online learning environment) with intensive class discussion and collaboration.
The number of places per term is strictly limited to 90.
The University of Cumbria is ranked number 8th in the World for Quality Education by the Times Higher Education in 2020.
In a study commissioned by Hitachi Capital Invoice Finance (2020) on over 9,500,000 previous university students in the UK, the University of Cumbria is ranked in the top three higher-education institutions in the North of the UK for students who go on to start or manage a business.
Four terms per year (winter, spring, summer and autumn).
10,950 CHF (Swiss Francs)
This fee includes library access, OnlineCampus access, graduation fees, and University matriculation fees.
Fees are payable in interest free instalments (See a sample payment plan)
The residency - one week intensive research methods class to prepare for your final dissertation - has an additional cost of 1950 Swiss Francs (100% Online) or 2950 Swiss Francs if you decide to attend it at the University Campus (travel and accommodation excluded). The residency fee is only billed once you register for it.
Accreditation and Recognition
The University of Cumbria MBA programmes offered online in exclusive partnership with the Robert Kennedy College are Recognised Worldwide. Once you complete your studies at Robert Kennedy College, you will receive a degree from the University of Cumbria. The University of Cumbria received the University title, and degree awarding powers, from Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council. It is fully recognised by the British Government and duly listed on the United Kingdom’s Department for Business, Innovation and Skills list of recognised UK awarding institutions.
The overall aim of the MBA Media Leadership programme is to provide you with the opportunity to engage in a Higher Education experience using a flexible and distributed learning approach that will enhance your ability to develop and lead a sustainability agenda that focuses on change in the media sector. In particular this award will:
- Equip you with the knowledge and understanding required to analyse, direct and develop business operations in the modern environment of information-based media involving journalism, marketing and public relations. It critically explores key issues and forces shaping the development of digital media in a global context, particularly convergence of activities, interactivity with audiences and entrepreneurship.
- Enable you to develop your leadership practice, through critical engagement with contemporary discourses in leadership, sustainability and the social responsibility of organisations in the media sectorDevelop relevant management and organisation knowledge, both academic and professional, in line with postgraduate standards/benchmarks.
- Develop critical reflection skills and engagement with organisation and professional theory to understand, and where appropriate, challenge existing individual and organisational perspectives and practices.
- Develop, and where appropriate, apply new knowledge to add value by enhancing organisational capability.
- Develop understanding of the organisation’s strategic focus and environment and the impact of the inter-relationship between resources, customers, clients in a changing context.
- Develop further commitment to continuous personal and professional development, independence and reflective learning.
This programme provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate:
Knowledge and Understanding
- The role and function of organisations and the context in which they operate, including the key drivers of change.
- The core disciplines of business and management including finance, human resource management, marketing and strategic planning at middle/senior management level.
- The range of research methods that can be applied to the study of business management and leadership.
- The application of strategic thinking to the successful management of organisations including a critical understanding of the processes of strategic problem-solving and decision-making.
- Practical and theoretical understanding in the field of management, media and leadership.
- Leadership and critical analysis skills.
- Advanced analytical skills: Applied learning acquired to the extensive use of case-study analysis.
Qualities, Skills and Other Attributes
- Critical thinking and critical appraisal used for problem solving applied to complex issues in business and management.
- Interpreting and abstracting meaning from a variety of sources .
- Exercising judgement and understanding in relation to various issues and practice.
- Engage in information retrieval, organisation and effective dissemination, including presentation skills.
- Effective performance within a team environment and the ability to recognise and utilise individuals’ contributions in group processes; team selection, delegation, development and management.
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct independently managed research into international business issues.
- Numeracy and quantitative skills including effective use of ICT.
- Two-way communication skills, e.g. negotiation and persuasion.
- Personal effectiveness: self-awareness and self-management; time management; sensitivity to diversity in people and different situations; the ability to continue learning.
- Numeracy and quantitative skills including the use of models of business situations; qualitative research skills.